The Community Day Center of Waltham is operated by a nine-member corporate board, which meets monthly. Members serve for three-year terms. The annual meeting is in March.
The board is committed to filling future vacancies with new directors who bring even stronger connections to the business and civic sectors in Waltham and neighboring towns. The board nominating committee is actively seeking a roster of community leaders to fill these vacancies as they arise. Note: We currently have vacancies - please contact us if interested.
The role of the Board of Directors of the Community Day Center of Waltham is:
- To appoint an Executive Director who shall administer the Day Center, direct its day-to-day operations and execute the policies of the Board.
- To exercise final and absolute legal powers of the Corporation, including the power to receive, disburse, borrow and lend funds.
- To determine major personnel needs, fiscal and program policies of the Corporation, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- To give final approval of all budgets and program proposals and to oversee that activities are undertaken without extravagance or waste.
- To enforce compliance with all applicable terms and conditions of grants, contracts and contributions.
- To periodically review, and if necessary restate, the organization's mission.
- To provide leadership and support in the fundraising efforts of the organization.
- To continually seek ways to broaden the organization's base of support.
- To appoint a Nominating Committee annually and other Committees as required for the effective management of the organization
Current Board of Directors
- Angela Lordi, board President
- Miles Hutton, board Vice President
- Annie Aisenberg, pediatric nurse and CDCW volunteer
- Alan Bone, minister (retired)
- Michael Colomba, real estate developer and hotelier
- Kathryn Davis
- John McBrine, attorney
- Ed Sazo, account manager at STMicroelectonics
- Liz Stoker, student at Brandeis University
- Paul Tremblay